Friday 6 May 2016


FILL IN THE BLANKS
FREDDY:
When she mentioned how her aunt bit off the spoon,
She completely done me in.
And my heart went on a journey to the moon
When she told about her father and the gin.
But I never saw a more enchanting farce
Than the moment when she shouted,
"Move your bloomin' ..."
[dialog]
I have often walked down this __(1)stree__ before,
But the pavement always stayed beneath my __(2)feet__ before.
All at once am I several stories high.
Knowing I'm on the street where you live.
Are there lilac trees in the __(3)heart__ of town?
Can you hear a lark in any other part of town?
Does enchantment pour out of __(4)every__ door?
No, it's just on the street where you live!
And, oh, the towering __(5)feeling__
Just to know somehow you are __(6)near__ ;
The overpowering feeling
That any second you may suddenly __(7)appear__ !
People stop and __(8)stare__ . They don't bother me,
For there's nowhere else on Earth that I would __(9)rather__ be.
Let the __(10)time__ go by. I won't care if I
Can be here on the street where you live.

1 comment: